8.30.2011

Day 8

Today didn't pan out as planned and my original "first" for the day did not happen, but all hope was not lost. 

Tucked away in the pantry I found something I had been hiding for a rainy day. Chocolate Raspberry Newtons Fruit Thins. I bought these a couple of weeks ago when they were on sale BOGO at Publix. I am a huge fan of traditional Fig Newtons and when I saw these I thought they would be worth a shot. However, when I got home with them, I had second thoughts. I normally do not like fruit and chocolate mixed, so when I put them away in the pantry I really made no plans to eat them. In fact, I considered that I might find someone to give them to or that eventually the boys would eat them. 

Tonight I decided that I would give them a try and I am pleased to say that they are delicious! That's a first!!  They are a perfect balance of crispy/chewy, chocolate/fruity, and sweet/savory!

I might take one with me tomorrow to eat when I am done with Tuesday's "first". I am told I will need it! Can you guess what it is going to be?


No comments:

Post a Comment